Sunday, January 10, 2010

Get Happy, week 2!

This is week 2 of A & M & my Happiness Project. You may remember from a previous post, this month's theme is "energy" and last week's goal was "get more sleep". Considering that the week started out with New Year's and then my birthday party and then my actual birthday all day and night at Disneyland, the "get more sleep" directive was actually hard to do during the first half of the week.

I've augmented mine to "get better sleep" which will hopefully help me go to bed at a more reasonable time. Also, even though I don't necessarily have to get up at any particular time each morning (the joys of not having a job), I've started setting my alarm for a certain time each morning, and I'm hoping that throughout this month I can train myself to actually start my day when my alarm goes off and then by proxy go to bed at a more reasonable hour, instead of my normal 2 or 3 a.m.

This week's goal toward January's "energy" theme is "get more exercise". Particularly poignant for me considering I tried to go hiking on Friday and couldn't make it up the backside of Cowles Mountain. I'm blaming it on my 5 weeks and counting bout of bronchitis, and even though I knew when we started out that I wouldn't be able to make it all the way up I'm really frustrated with this whole lack of breathing thing my body is doing. My goal this week is to start getting back into a place where my lungs will work again without pushing myself to relapse. I am also frustrated because bronchitis has put me a few weeks (and at this rate even more than that, maybe) behind on training for our next Grand Canyon trip in June.

So, hopefully I'll be able to kick this bronchitis thing soon-ish and in the mean time, baby steps with exercising.

No comments: