Monday, January 11, 2010

Focus!!!

I feel like the last couple of days loads has been going on (at least in my head) and I'm having trouble focussing this morning. Mostly my energy for the last few days has been spent on my Etsy shop (www.etsy.com/shop/rabbitwerks) - making some new pieces, photographing said pieces, creating a lightbox, getting involved on forums, etc.
I'm also in the process of setting up a supply shop for my sister and I to get rid of our old beading supplies, which means there is a lot of counting to 50 and sorting beads - not the greatest thing for someone with De Quervain's, but at least doing menial things like counting gives me some sort of structure for a couple of hours here and there.

The two biggest things this weekend:

1. Friday the roommates and I went to see Where's the Band? at House of Blues. Basically its the lead singers from Bayside, the Get Up Kids, Saves the Day, and Thrice all singing solo stuff, group stuff, or covers armed each with only an acoustic guitar. Basically, its awesome!!! I wound up spending most of Saturday listening to a Matt Pryor (TGUK) Pandora station because I am seriously lacking in music from all of those bands.

2. D-O-M-I-N-I-O-N. This is as close to typing it as how my roommate Je says it. My roommates and I are now hooked on this deck building game called Dominion. Its kind of ridiculous, because they are those kind of nerds, but its super addicting, and like all deck building games, each game you play is totally different and requires different strategies, so its really fun because the three of us play differently each time, so its sort of fair game for who will win each round.

The rest of the week I'll be in Death Valley with my sister and my friend/practically brother L. STOKED!!!

No comments: