Sunday, August 4, 2013

Meet "The Boys"





Back in June, I adopted a pair of feral kittens out of a backyard in Escondido. Mom had moved into the backyard to have her litter, and the other three kittens had made friends with the people living in the house and were tamed and then adopted shortly thereafter (one named Pistol to my friends J & C).






My two boys were not so easily swayed by treats or play time as their siblings. So my sister and I armed ourselves with towels, salmon, and a cardboard box in order to catch them. After about an hour we got one (River), and had to come back up the next morning to get the second (Tiberius). The frequently sleep in the same place, on or next to each other, in the same position.






The next couple of days were filled with rambunctious kitten activities, de-fleaing, and taming. Within a day River was tractable and friendly. Tiberius was a bit more skeptical of people and took about 5 or 6 days to interact with anyone without some major hissing. Thanks to my sister and our friends (especially Babies Rea (at Right) and Julian!) who helped me out with taming them down and playing with them non-stop that first week. These two are now totally latched onto us and are pretty much my constant shadow while I'm home.








We are definitely enjoying them in the house! They are super cuddly, very playful, and learning and growing every day. I haven't had kittens since I myself was a baby - so this has all been very fun, and VERY distracting to everything else in my life!


No comments: